Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Death of my son's fiancee at age 26

Posted by craftygal65 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 16, 04 at 22:33

My son lost the love of his life to terminal liver cancer on Sept. 11, 2004. This is like a nightmare to me. I love and miss her so much. She was such a wonderful young lady and very very brave til the end. It is very hard for me as a mother to see my son in so much pain and not be able to "fix" it. Will this ever get any better for us? It is so hard--I seem to cry constantly. My son still cannot bear to speak her name without sobbing and crying. I feel like I am close to a breakdown. Is this normal?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Death of my son's fiancee at age 26

How tragic. Of course your emotions are normal. As a mother, I know how your heart aches for your dear son. I don't know what to suggest except to be with him. Maybe when things settle down you can honor her in some special way, like making a garden, planting a tree, or some kind of donation of money or time to an organization she loved. I'm so sorry.

o

I'm so sorry for your son's loss (and your's too). The one thing everyone stresses here is that greiving is normal, no matter how you do it. Everyone grieves in their own way. One is no better than the other, and all have their own timeframe. The grief wound is still really new, it does get less "extreme" pain after a little while. By "extreme" pain, I mean that not every little thing will set you off EVERY time. The grief still hits at odd times, and that's something I didn't expect.

I won't ramble any more. Just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss.

Vickey-MN

o

I'm so sorry for this great loss. I think it is normal. I just lost my brother 2 months on the 19th of sept. I still find myself sobbing. How young to be called away and not get to have her marriage or children some day. It was the same for my brother.. he was only 39. I pray for peace in my heart... because I know he is at peace.

My heart goes out to you all.

o

I am terribly sorry for this loss that has affected your son as well as you. It is like a double loss for you as you grieve for this young woman but also grieve for your son. As a mother, you will have these feelings as we never outgrow the need to nurture our children and always feel their pain. Keep him close to you during this difficult period and hopefully he will continue to share his emotions with you. It is important that he let his feelings out and you are the closest one to give him that avenue. You are sharing your grief together.
I am so sorry, my heart goes out to you both.
deb

o

I'm so sorry. I know it must be so hard for you to have lost such a wonderful girl and it's even more hard for you to see your son in so much pain. No matter what the reason, it would hurt you to see him hurt.
Both of you have lost future dreams and that hurts. It is very normal to feel the way you are feeling.
When my daughter was killed, it took her boyfriend who was only 18 at the time, four years to date another girl seriously. He compared them all to Christin and they didn't measure up. He did meet someone that he fell in love with and married this summer. You son will do the same in time, and he will never forget this girl that he lost and you won't either. Keep her in your heart forever.
It's all hard to understand and I'm so sorry for what you two are going through. Please continue to come here.
((((((((((((((((Mandi))))))))))))))))))))

Lu

o
RE: A Big Hug to You

So sorry Craftygal! I want to hug you, but gave you the wrong name. I had just read a post at the Kitchen Table that a girl named Mandi wrote that also needed a hug.
((((((((((((((((((((((Craftygal))))))))))))))))))))))))
Lu

Here is a link that might be useful: Christin Cosby Memorial Web Site

o

I am so sorry for you and your sons loss. I know you would like to just hold him tight to you and make his pain go away. I went through basically the same with my loss. It was my daughter who was killed and my heart just ached for her boyfriend. There was nothing our family could do to take his pain away except to be here for him. The last time I talked to his mom she told me that he was almost his old self again and that was after a year and a half. They werent engaged but I knew they were headed that way. They were soulmates. My daughters boyfriend still comes by to see us and hasnt dated yet but he is moving ahead and we are so glad that he has found some peace. This is such a tragic loss for your son but in time he will start to heal and the pain will not be so sharp. Hugs to you both. Julie

o

i have gone through the same thing. my son, however turned to drugs after the death of his fiance and mother of his daughter. he is now in jail because of it.
you can lose more than one person in this sad situation.
my heart goes out to you.
feel free to email me. maybe i can help you, and you can help me.

trin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here