SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bumble_gw

I miss my brother too!

bumble
16 years ago

I lost my brother on 10th july 07, it has been two months today plus one day as it is now the early hours of the 11th. The nights are hard, I tend to grieve alone too, I find it hard to talk to people too, I am pushing my partner away and I snap at my son. I have been busy recently so I have avoided thinking about it but then it comes into my head and I just want to shake it out. Then I feel bad for not thinking about it.

My brother was murdered in Belfast, he lived a somewhat troubled life but he still always had a smile on his face. I kept promising to go and see him but I put it off, for one reason or other, although money ws tight. He liked a drink but was I feel at the beginning of his journey to kill his demon. It was my birthday on the 5th july and he always called this year he didnt and it took me finding ou that he was dead to realise he hadnt called of I had thought about it on the day he may still be alive. My brother had been attacked on July 2nd in the city centre, he was admittted to hospital and we were never contacted. He was awake but I have since found out from people who visited him that he was behaving strangly and he did not recognise them.

He had touched a nurse innapropiatly and was subsequently arrested and moved to a police station then called back later because there had been problems with his x-rays.

The people that went to see him on 6th July said that he was laying in a wet bed on a seperate ward under police guard. ( this was for a failed court appearance for some trouble he had been in nearly a year previously- that the police have now told us that charges would have been dropped. The guard was not supposed to let my brothers visitors to see him but they said that the guard had seemed concerned. The people said the staff at the hospital were very uncooperative.

I think that my brother may have been drunk when he entered the hospital and after his behaviour with the nurse - they didnt bother with him. As one of my brothers closest friends has said to me if he had been a man in a suit he would probably still be alive!!!!

So there are lots of complications surrounding my brothers death in amoungst all of this I have to grieve and I am scared.

My partner just came to see if I was ok and I hid this from him, its almost like its becoming my secret and I am not sure what to do.

Someone else has written about their sons sending messages on baloons and recently at my partners friends memorial his parents did the same. I want to hold a memorial for my brother at our local park, so children can come too, as my brother loved kids, but I dont think im ready to organise it yet.

I think writing may be quite comforting.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH