Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
missing my daughter-in-law

Posted by perk2 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 12, 06 at 20:52

It has been a little over 2 months since my dnl passed away. Well she really wasn't a dnl but felt like she was even though her and my son never married. She passed away on July 7 at the age of 28 from brain cancer. She fought it for 3 years but God needed her more than us. She used to call me 2-3 times a day for nothing more than to talk about nothing really. Sometimes it would really bother me as I would be busy but I never let on. I'm so glad now that I was there for her. When ever I leave the house and I come home if there is a message on the answering machine I sometimes say to myself "Wonder what she wants now?" Then I feel so quilty for saying that especially since she is gone and of course it isn't her. Will it ever get easier? Right now I am crying my eyes out again. They say it gets easier in time but I don't see it yet.
Thanks for listening. May God Bless.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: missing my daughter-in-law

You miss her so much! Don't worry about some of the negative thoughts you had. The important thing is that she needed you, and you were there for her. You can feel good about that.

I'm so sorry for the heartache you are experiencing. Take care.

Susan

o

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a couple of very close female friends who were involved with my son or were good friends with my daughter when she was living. I am very close to them, also. I consider them family and would be very upset if something happened to them. I can understand your pain as well as your guilt.
Like Susan said, don't beat yourself up for the negative thoughts. We are all human. It sounds like you were a great friend to her. You obviously didn't let on that at times you didn't feel like talking. She continued to call you and talk, so she must have cared for you very much also.
Lu

o

Thank you both for your kind words. I keep hoping things will get easier. Some days are OK and then some I can hardly do anything but cry. She was so young and such a good mother to her 2 children (ages 9 and 5). They seem to be doing OK. I just wish the rest of us were. Thanks again for listening I really appreciate it. I will try not to feel too guilty but it isn't easy. Thanks again.

o

28 is so very young and cancer is such an ugly taker of life. Four years ago we lost my 29 year old niece to a rare cancer. She left a devastated husband and 2 little boys. It is so hard to lose someone you love at such a young age.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here