SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
overtherainbow23

It's been three months...

overtherainbow23
17 years ago

Hi all, my name is Patrick and I'm a 19 year old college student. This past summer after a 9 month struggle with cancer my mom passed away. My mom was beyond dear to me, she was my other half, and this isn't a typical loss.

My situation is awful right now. Both of my siblings have long since moved out, so I live with my dad in this enormous house. I get along with my dad, but our relationship isn't very deep. I love him, but I can't help myself for being upset that my best friend, who I could tell anything to, isn't here any longer. My dad works 9-5 and teaches Monday & Wednesday after work, so he gets home at about 7:30 on those nights. Right now he's out of town (France) on business. It's bad enough having two people in this house when we started with four, but to make matters wores, we barely see eachother. I miss my mom dearly. I try to contact her in anyway I can through prayer or just talking. She was the life of the house, the light of my world, and my other half. Losing her is and will likely be the hardest loss I'll ever have to deal with.

But while my feelings on her are quite common, the true struggle is the impact on my life this has had. Everywhere I look I see things that remind me of my mom. It pains me to live in this house. This house was once so beautiful and radiant, with a full family of four. Now it's dead to me, everything is a broken dream. I used to work out 3-4 times a week and since she passed I've lacked the ambition to go even once. I've gained about 10 pounds and feel groggy and tired all the time. I am doing well in school but that's about it.

How do I get my life back on track?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County