Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
home movies

Posted by cyn_der_ella (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 10, 05 at 18:34

My husband was going through some home movies and to my surprise we have a Christmas video with my brother in it. I didn't think he was in any because he was usually behind the camera.
I lost it and started crying. I can't watch it yet. I really want to, but I know I'll break down. I'm just so happy (beyond words), I'll be able to hear his voice and laughter again. It's a wonderful treasure to have.

Keep Well,
Cynthia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: home movies

How wonderful. You will know when you are able to watch. Don't force yourself.

o

It's been over a year & I haven't yet been able to watch Bryce's home movies. I tried once but had to turn it off right away. Just take your time and you'll watch them when you're ready.

o

On etime my Dad was sick in the hospital and I got my girls to send him a voice recorded message to say hi to him. He also sent one back to them and I came across this the other day and I sat down and listened to it and it was such a comfort to hear my Dad's voice, but all the while I was balling my eyes out. I now go back and listen to it a few times and each time it makes me feel warm but still sad. I will cherish this tape forever. You will watch it in your own time, me I feel a certain closeness when i play my Dad's voice on tape. I only wish I had him on video you are very lucky.

o

My dear MIL's Sunday School teacher gave us a video that had about seven years' worth of Christmas parties on it. My DH couldn't watch it for the first two or three years after she died, but I did. I sat in the floor and watched her and laughed and cried. It was like a great visit with her all over again. I told him later that all those times we told her to "behave!" must not have sunk in, because she was the life of the Sunday School party! LOL

o

I'm so happy for you that you got that awesome surprise!
I love to watch videos of Christin and my mom. I know a lot of people who can't watch their loved ones who have passed away on video. To me, it makes me kinda feel like they are still here.
We have many family videos and pictures. I really want to make copies of at least some of them so that we can put them in a separate location in case we ever have a fire or other damage to our home.
Lu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here