Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plane Crash

Posted by tigpie (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 5, 07 at 18:28

There was a plane crash 1/4 mile east of my house. Six people died. My house is the only one around the crash site.
The youngest person aboard the small plane was 2 months old. It was a family that recently immigrated from Turkey.
I have been feeling sad, and debating whether I want to go over to the crash site.
Today I have decided that I am going over there, and I am going to make a marker that says: Perhaps your family cannot come here to see where you vanished, but I am here in their stead, and I am very, very sad.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plane Crash

How tragic, and I can certainly understand your sadness.

I think you should make the marker and take it there. The words you chose are lovely. That's a very nice thing to do. And what if someone from the family does come? Can you imagine how meaningful it would be to them?

I'm sorry.

o

What an awful thing. You are so kind and caring to think of doing a marker for them, I think that would be wonderful.
May God Bless their souls and take them straight to Heaven.

God Bless you.

o

I agree with the others. I hope it brings you some peace, too.

o

God bless you in your effort to bring recognition to this family that met such a tragic ending. I am sure you will be rewarded for your care.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here