SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurience

My mom passed away 1 week tomorrow

laurience
14 years ago

Wow!! I have never felt such grief and pain in my entire life.

My mom entered the hospital 2 weeks ago tomorrow and died one week later of lung cancer. She was only diagnosed 5 days prior to dying.

Yes, she was a smoker. She was having severe shoulder pain however she thought it was her shoulder acting up from laying down on hospital tables undergoing tests.

She was on a disability because of her shoulders.

Another problem was that she was eating baby food for the last two months. She has had previous stomach and digestive problems and she thought it was her stomach acting up.

Meanwhile, I was at Sick Kid's hospital with my son while she was sick. He is 5 and underwent a brain surgery. He is o.k. now. I wasn't as involved as I could of been because my head was elsewhere.

My mom is my very best friend. We talked everyday. As a teenager, I rather hang out with my mom than with my friends. She was so special. She never talked bad about anybody and helped everybody whether it was food or shelter.

She had an innocent quality about her. Almost like she saw things for the 1st time. It was beautiful. I am in shock, I am in raw raw pain and I feel dead.

I have a 4 and 5 yrs old boy so I know I have to continue. I just can't imagine ever being happy again without her. How do you get through this?

Thanks for listening. We are catholic and my mom was a big believer so she was not scared to die. I somehow lost my faith along the way and trying to find it again. I want to believe that she is with me.

Joanne

Comments (9)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio