SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikkiandjacksmom

My life is so messed up now

nikkiandjacksmom
17 years ago

My dad dies in Nov 2005 suddenly from a stroke. My mom, sister and I werent there when he passed. That was very hard to deal with and I guess it always will be. Now it is 10 months later and my mom is moving in with me and my husband and 2 children. She is 64 but is more childlike in the sense that I feel I need to take care of her. She is acting very lost and no energy. I love her and really dont mind her living with us, but I cant tolerate the helplessness. Please dont think I am heartless because I really had to make alot of different living spaces in my small home. My sister is of no help. All she offers is excuses. She was always closer to my mom and I was always my dads shadow. Its funny how I am the one who is bending over backwards to help her now. I hope that my mom living with me doesnt make her more dependant on me. I have to children who are very active in sports and school activities. That alone takes alot out of me. Sorry for babbling on but this is so hard. All my dads stuff is here now. I got rid of all my appliances to keep my parents things. My mom cant sell them. I feel like my head is gonna pop from the pressure. My dad had a dog and now the dog is at my house also, the only problem with that is I have a very large dog that does not play well with other dogs. So this only adds to the pressure. My cat attacked my dads dog last nite. My sister is the one who saved the dog from a shelter then didnt want him so my dad took him, And my mom is not a dog person so that leaves me to take care of him. I promised my dad that I would take care of mom and buddy (his dog) when he was in the coma before he was taken off the respirator. I dont know if he heard me but I will not break my promise. Can you all please send prayers my way.

Also if anyone had to go through anything like this can you please write back to me.

Thankyou

Comments (5)

Sponsored