Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good News in Our Family

Posted by lulie___wayne (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 29, 06 at 14:17

I knew that you all would be happy for us and I just wanted y'all to know that we do have some good news in our family this week.
First of all, we had our first granddaughter born on September 22. She is so pretty and is named after Christin, our deceased daughter. She looks a lot like our children looked when they were born and she is sooooo good!
Also, my husband retired this week giving us more time now, to enjoy the children and to travel more.
Lu

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good News in Our Family

Good for you Lu! I am so happy for you! And how special it is to have your granddaughter named after Christin. Aren't babies wonderful? Enjoy your time with your hubby.
Joanie

o

Oh, Lulie, that's wonderful news. Congratulations on both your new granddaughter and the prospect of more quality time with your husband.
Dianne

o

Congratulations to all of you!! Please post a picture of little Christin when you get a chance. Nothing like a baby to lift the spirit.

o

Hi Lu, my name is Sharon & I'm new here. Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter!

o

Lulie I can't tell you how wonderful it is to hear this good news.
How special to have a granddaughter and now especially since your husband has retired.
I am so happy for you.

o

What good news! Babies do have a way of healing things...and to be named for your precious daughter. Just enjoy that baby as much as you can! Our second granddaughter was born just 2 weeks before our son and first granddaughter died. I have a sweet hand-lettered card that Millie made for the baby. My DIL let me have it, and I'm so grateful. I am sure we couldn't have begun healing as we did had we not had that new baby to love. Both DILs are expecting this spring, and I hope at least one will have a girl and maybe choose Millicent, at least for a middle name.

o

Lulie, I'm so happy for you. Thanks for sharing your good news, and I wish your husband a wonderful retirement.

o

Oh, that is so wonderful! Happy news here is rare. It sure brightened my day. Bless you and little Christin!

Duane

o

Lulie, I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner to congratulate the proud grandparents on the arrival of little Christin. I'm very happy for you. :)

o

Lu,

I've been visiting this site for almost a year so it seems to me like I know you. I've never written before I've just read. Your postings have helped me. Wanted to let you know how happy I am for you and your husband with the changes in your lives and your new little bundle of joy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here