SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mydaddysprincess

My dad passed away

mydaddysprincess
18 years ago

I am 21 years old and my dad just passed away last month on the 20th. They say he died of a stroke. I am having a really hard time dealing with it. I think about him almost constantly. My husband tells me I should try not to think about it so much, but it seems to me that now after almost a month it's gotten even harder to deal with. I have always been my "daddy's little princess" always even after I was grown and married, so he would say. He was so vary young only 52, and it was a complete shock to me, my two older brothers and my mom(although my parents had been seperated for many years they were still very close). When I say shock, I mean out of the blue, never ever expected, shock. It's really hard not wanting to put blam on anyone, but my uncle(my dads brother) was there when my dad passed and he said that my dad had been not feeling well and had been in bed all that day. He said that he had been checking on him throughout the day, but it wasn't till around 8:30pm that he started to worry. When he went in to check on him he said he had to check his pulse and see if he was breathing, he said he still had a pulse. He rolled him over( he was lying on his side, by the way my dad was quite a large man) and he said his arm was blue, he paniced, didn't know what to do, so he went to the neighbors house( which is probably about half a football field away) to see what they thought. When they got over there they called 911 right away. When we got the police report back I noticed that it said that EMS was dispatched out there at around 9:30pm(my uncle said he had went in there to check at 8:30pm)I can't help but feel angry that he wasted time on my dads life. The police report also stated that when they arrived he was dead on arrival but had JUST passed and I mean JUST PASSED. I, along with the majority of my family are strongly religious, and I do not want to hate my uncle for something that was not his fault. But, I can not help the way I feel, if someone could please help me. Thank you, Jenny

Comments (9)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler