Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My son just commited suicide............

Posted by thad_huffman (thad_huffman@msn.com) on
Wed, Sep 15, 04 at 9:43

We've been expecting this for 37 years......Depresents, booze & guns are causing an epidemic all across America.....Thad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My son just commited suicide............

So sorry - I know someone this happened to also. He now has a tatoo of his son on his arm. I hope you can get some professional counseling or help from your clergy to help you through this difficult time. I cannot even imagine the endless grief you must feel....
I can relate to your thoughts on "depressants, booze, and guns". I recently lost an 18 year old relative to a "high profile" case in Illinois that involved a drunk/high individual with a gun. Such a waste of a life...

o

Your son had a difficult life, and it must have been agonizing for you to watch his struggles. I'm so sorry for it all. Take care.

o

What a dreadful thing. Your son is at peace at last. I hope you can find your own peace, too.

Susan

o

I'm so very, very, sorry! This is the worst to deal with, I have heard. Please get help and continue to come here.
I'm sure you have grieved for years watching him.
Obviously your son was in pain and now at peace. I wish I could be of more comfort to you.
(((((((((((((((((Thad)))))))))))))))))))))))))
Lu

o

Deepest sympathy to you and your family. I lost a 37 year old son too, but in a traffic accident where he just happened to be on the side of a road when someone else lost control of their vehicle. No matter who lost control and of what, it's devastating when our child dies.

Take good care of yourself. Everyone here cares. Visit us often.

Nell

o

I am so sorry...words cannot express how much my heart is with you now. Please come here to talk and share your feelings and open up to the warm people in this forum. My deepest sympathies to you and the loss of your son.

deb

o

I'm sorry.

Vickey-MN

o

Oh, Thad, I am so sorry. I have no words to comfort you, just know that I am so, so sorry for your loss.

Dianne

o

My cousin also commited suicide about 1 1/2 years ago. this has been painful for my aunt and uncle and his sister. He was manic-depressive and at the time that this happened, he was not on speaking terms with his parents. This has been so difficult for them due to..." what if we had done this, or what if we had done that". They thought he just needed some time, and that everything would come together again, and so they were giving him this time. But he took his life. Life was a struggle for him. He was so brilliant in many ways. But in many ways life was painful for him. I am so sorry for your loss and that you are going through something so painful and trying to understand that which no parent should have to try and understand. May you one day find peace in your hearts and blessings along the way.

o

I am so truly sorry for your loss. No matter what, the pain is so great. Your heart is heavy and you came to us. You are among friends..

Praying to understand and have your pain ease soon, but, we shall always carry them in our hearts.

May he rest in Peace.

StarDuster

o

i am waiting too.
i am so sad for you.

trin

o

I'm so, so sorry about the loss of your son.

Trinity, I'm also sorry for you. What you wrote above breaks my heart.

o

I wept when I read your email. May God bring you small amounts of comfort every day. Kim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here