SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julee_ann_gw

today is my daughters birthday

julee_ann
19 years ago

This will the third birthday without Lindsey and it seems to be getting harder to deal with. I dont know if the reality of her never coming back is just now catching up with me or what. She would have been 25 today. For the past couple of weeks Ive been thinking about all the what ifs again. Was watching on t.v. last night about all the events than unfolded of 9-11 3 years ago and was so saddened for many reasons. Of course for all the lives that were lost and also if that would not have happened my daughter would not have went active duty down in Florida. She would have been home. On her birthday 3 years ago she called home and said this is the suckiest birhday ever. Just a week later she signed up for active duty. Does reality ever set in? I can be going along in my day to day life and all of sudden its like a shockwave has hit me out of the blue when I think my god i am never going to see her in this life again. That is the worst feeling. Does this still happen to us after many years after our loss? I feel like i am going crazy sometimes. Thank you all for listening to me. I am so sorry for each and every one of your losses. I still have a hard time responding to a post because i am not sure what to say. Always afraid the grief i am still feeling after 2 years is not normal and might say something wrong. Julie

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio