SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
popi_gw

My sweet sister

popi_gw
11 years ago

My sister (54) is dying from cancer.

I am coping okay, I guess. It has been a series of shocking news over the past 3 years and now the worst of all is happening.

Despite the sadness, she is cared for by her husband who is doing a fantastic job, of taking her out most days and putting on a cheery face.

My sister is at home, with palliative care community nurses coming every day. They have a pile of drugs, to use in case one thing or another happens, which has been a difficult thing to deal with for my brother in law.

My sister has two girls, one is 25 and a new mother with a 3 month old boy (a little ray of sunshine). The other girl is 21 and lives at home with her parents.

I know it is going to be tough when my sister dies and every day I go over getting that phone call.

I feel like she has changed so much over the past couple of months, that I have started to say goodbye to her, because the old her is not there anymore.

One thing that is hard is that every night we would text each other with what we were making for dinner. I miss that a lot and always think of it every night when I am in the kitchen.

I am 51 and will miss getting old with her.

Thanks for listening.

Comments (7)

Sponsored