Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I miss her so much

Posted by monkeyface (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 24, 09 at 2:57

My mom passed away February 23rd of this year. She died quickly of small cell lung cancer three weeks after she was diagnosed. My sister and I cared for her at home and she died in my arms. I miss her so much and I can't sleep at night. I long to see her again, hug her, smell her, hear her. I lost my dad when I was 10 and have dreaded the loss of my mom ever since. I am only 29 and have no parents left. I went to a support group and everyone was so much older I just couldn't connect. She'll never see me get married, have kids, she would have been such a wonderful grandmother. My heart is aching.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I miss her so much

See if you can find another support group. Check the YMCA, local hospital staff, church groups etc. It may be too soon, but later you could volunteer at hospitals or nursing homes. Some of the people could need you as much as you could share your love and stories with them.

o

Hey there. I cannot imagine how hard it must be for you...but I do know that it hurts so much...I lost my mother back in February 16...a week after my birthday and I was at school at the time so I couldn't even talk to her or anything...She passed because of a fall and it happened so sudden that I didn't know what to do...I thought there must have been a reason for this tragedy and I began to question if God really exists...somehow I came to realize that He actually does exist and I've become a full time Christian since then. Believe it or not, I've been noticing why certain things happen in my life and I've found peace in my heart. I hope you seek God as well...I had to google and ask my friends to help me realize. It's a miracle that I started believing and every part of my life has improved significantly. If anything, try talking to your Christian friends and see what they can do for you...One thing for sure: our mothers love us so much that they don't want to see us in tears! You know it...our mothers are up there somewhere watching over us !

o

I'm so sorry you are hurting so much, I so wish you had more time with your mom. Does she have siblings or a best friend that you can share time with? I lost my mom July 31 and the pain is still so raw, but I was so very lucky, she lived a long life. I'm so sorry that you did not have that.

o

Thank you for your kind words and advice. It is helpful to connect with other people out there who may know what I'm going through.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here