Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My son's 35th birthday on Saturday

Posted by DarrylsMom (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 5, 05 at 2:24

Hi everyone i haven't been here for a while still reading the posts which give so much comfort. It would of been my only son's birthday on Saturday and it was not a very good day for me. I lay in bed at night and ask why do these things happen. It will be the first anniversay of his death on the 27th of this month and i am not looking forward to it. I sometimes wonder how i got though this year and i just know it's because of all the prayers we are getting from the people that know us. My son's 2 boys came to visit this summer and it was so nice having them but difficult at the same time because he was not with them. Now I don't think so much of how he died but of the good memories of him ,but I still miss him so. Thank You everyone for listening and for all your encouraging posts. I remember when i found this site last year my body and heart were so numb but reading everyone's story was such a help knowing you knew exactly how I felt. Thank you again and take care Darlene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My son's 35th birthday on Saturday

Hey, Darlene! Thanks for checking in with us. I'm glad that you were able to visit with your two grandsons this summer, but I can only imagine how sad it must have been to not have your son with them. I wish so very much that we had a little piece of Christin walking around amongst us. In that way, you are so very fortunate.
I will mark Darryl's anniversary on the 27th on my calendar and you will be in my prayers. I know that anticipation of all of the "firsts" is a frightening thought, but they are only as bad as you let them be. Try to do something positive like a memorial service or friends to come over or plant a tree donate something in his memory (even blood) or whatever you can think of that will give you comfort... something positive.
Don't go away. Keep in touch and let us know how you faired the first anniversary.
Blessings to you!
Lu

Here is a link that might be useful: Christin Cosby Memorial Web Site

o

I agree...you are so fortunate to have your boys' children to love, even though their presence must be such a painful reminder that he is not there. I so wish I had my son's child to play with, but she died with him. My only other grandchild was born to our second son 2 weeks before the accident, and she has helped somewhat to fill the void., although there will always be a huge hole without our boy and his baby girl. I also agree that anniversaries are awful. I've tried to find something positive to do on their birthdays. I give books to the library at Millie's school on her birthday, and I gave money to Dave's high school on his birthday. This year, I'm giving money to our zoo to "adopt" a turtle. He loved the zoo, and turtles were his favorite animals, so we're donating money for a turtle's upkeep this year. I found it also helps to talk to Dave's friends who miss him, too. Talking about him with people who cared for him keeps his memory alive. My prayers are with you...you have a hard road to walk, and I know because I'm walking it with you.

o

My mother's first anniversary is September 18. I am going on a trip to Greece, leaving tomorrow and returning on the 18th. Not that I will NOT be thinking of her, but I wanted to try to associate that awful time with some pleasant memories to look back on. And plus my mom would want me to go, of that I am certain. So in a way I feel like I'm honoring her by continuing to live my life and do the things that make me happy.

o

My mom's birthday is the 21st of this month. I'm not really sure how I'm going to get through that day and I'm dreading it. This is the first "first" since she died. Meaning that this is the first real date of significance and I'm hating the thought of it.
Please know that I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers as the 27th approaches.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here