SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
starkatz

Could this be due to shock of losing my mother?

starkatz
17 years ago

For almost 3 years I used the Implanon to prevent pregnancy, I found my periods to be almost a weekly occurrence, on 2nd June 2006, I had the thing removed. I then had a light, but normal period the start of July 2006.

On 13th July 2006 my mother passed away suddenly, I was at work when I received the news, naturally it came as a shock to me.

Since then, I have had no period at all, I am 38 this year and worry that I may not get anymore periods, I feel the sensation as though I'm about to get them, but nothing comes.

I have 2 children, my youngest is 11 years old. I am worried that this shock, from the loss of my mother and the Implanon has brought on early menopause, as I've gained a lot of weight quickly, I try to eat right, but I seem to feel constantly bloated.

I have been to my GP and had a blood test to see if I am pregnant but that came back negative.

I am feeling so depressed not only for the loss of my mother, but also, depressed that my chances of having another period.

I asked the GP if there was anything to assist me with getting my periods back, and he said that it might take 6 mths and there is nothing anyone can do. As I'm getting older I fear my chances of conceiving again are null and void.

I hope you have an answer for me.

Please help me

StarKatz

Comments (3)

Sponsored