Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lu, I'm looking for a Dream too.

Posted by Starduster (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 7, 04 at 0:34

Hi Lu,

When my brother, John, passed away this past July 19th, my other family and I said we would tell each other if the other had a dream about him. I prayed for a dream. A dream that he was ok...

My son, Bryan, told me that his wife.. yes, My Daughter In law, had 3 dreams so far about him. Nothing bad, he was just in the dream. She said she can't remember details.. funny, she and John did not really like each other.

I am hoping that I get a nice dream.. something soothing and helpful for me to take his passing to a level that I can feel ok.. Just ok.. is all I need.. I prayed before he was taken away that he would try to reach me... I held his hand and told him to let me know he was ok. when he got there... maybe I'm silly, but, I needed that... I really do.

Hang in there Lu, it may come for you in a very remarkable way...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lu, I'm looking for a Dream too.

Starduster, have you asked your friends if they've dreamed about John? I've had reports of dreams about my daughter from a number of sources, some of them rather unexpected.

Susan

o

Well, Susan, his friends are so many and I think if I put the word out, they would let me know. I think the word will get back to me if they had. Some of my family is networked way out to the branches of his friends and I'm sure if they mentioned something it would get back to me.. They all knew how distraut we all were when we found out about my brother.. and only being 39 years old.. is even more reason for them to remember me of their dreams.

does that make sense?

o

I know what you mean about just wanting something to tide you over or feel okay with what you have to live with.
I just keep telling myself that I will definitely get something amazing when the time is right. That's how I keep going without it. I know that I will probably have other tough hurdles to jump in this life and maybe now is not the time. My sweet baby girl and my mom will come to me one day when I need them the most.
I have gotten comfort from others' dreams about Christin, but I want more of my own. But I will.
Lu

o

I too have wished, prayed, and down-right begged for some type of communication from my dad. I've had a couple of dreams, and have read that dreams are a common form of communication from the other side. One dream was VERY powerful. He hugged me, and it was, if you can imagine, the best hug I've ever felt...really. It touched all my senses, and my body tingled. My other dream(which was less exciting but nonetheless) my father and I were walking in the parking lot of a stadium (obviously going to a Broncos game) and I kept asking him questions: Dad, did you know your were going to die, why did you die, etc. He just continued to walk in front of me, not saying a word. That dream was frustrating, and I would still like the answers to my questions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here