Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I find I have less patience now for reading very long posts

Posted by Starduster (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 28, 04 at 23:53

or even reading books. I have not been able to concentrate on things like I used to. When I see sad things posted.. I feel so angry again. I lose the interest to read on..

am I the only one?

Star

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I find I have less patience now for reading very long posts

I find it hard to concentrate on anything really. But sometimes it all depends on what it's about. Some things i read just hit me like It was written for me and i was meant to read it. Am I making sense?? Some people just say things that are exactly what I'm feeling but just couldn't put it in the right words. Probably like right now I can't put what i'm thinking into the words i'm meaning.

o

yes, I understand that. When what I read pulls me along like I cannot resist.. or I'm just being intensly drawn.. I can read.. but, some things just drag me down and I feel the pain of others.. and find myself skimming over and not reading for the full benefit. How sad is that.. for me to even admit...!!!

Starduster

o

Starduster and Brycesmommy,
I found that when grief is fresh, it's hard to concentrate, yes.
I think we need brief words of encouragement.
Our own grief overwhelms so much that we just can't fully appreciate others' experiences, except to know we're not alone.
That's okay; it's where you are in the process. Grief is hard work.

Nell

o

Star, that's perfectly normal. It's good that you can admit it.
I remember I used to read a lot because I could choose what I wanted to read to help me through the grief. But, if I was talking to someone and they went on and on and on, I lost interest quickly. Still am that way, unfortunately.
Lu

o

I read very fast, and do not read word for word, so scan alot. As to grief, and sadness, i most of the time just skim the letter/posting/ etc. as too many of us tend to dwell on somethings we have no control over. Somethings just happen, we grieve and then we must go on. It will destroy us and others around us if we do not go on, but we can still remember.

o

Marie, Lu and Nell.. words well spoken.. they make sense and I think it is natural.. I guess it would not be me or anyone else if this did not occur.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here