Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silly question

Posted by deb---09 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 21, 09 at 22:41

Lost my Mom almost 5 months ago-still SO hard. Sometimes I can be doing fine, working, laughing, and then it hits me again, kind of like it is new all over again. Does anyone else feel sad knowing that their children will go through the the same feelings of continued sadness and grieving when we pass on? I know that sounds silly, but I worry about that. I don't want my children to be as sad as me. I have talked to my daughter and told her that I don't want her to have regrets and grieve for a long period of time. I had no idea how sad I would be when my Mom died, and how long it feels so fresh. Just a silly question. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silly question

not silly at all! I have have had the same thoughts after losing my sister. One idea I have planeed is to write notes to my children for after I am gone, I plan to do more than one per child with different topics, want to write about fun times, how proud I am of them, give reassurance etc... something they can open up after I am gone....I decided to do this because I would pay thousands of dollars this very moment to have a letter from my sister in my hand, one she knew I would read after she was gone.........don't know if it would help me miss her less, but at least feel closer...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here