Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i got the book!!!

Posted by sheebah (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 21, 06 at 21:15

Hi there, I got the book I ordered from the US from Australia, a friend of mine picked it up for me, I'm really looking forward to reading it, and I will let you know what I think.
Thank you
Martha
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i got the book!!!

I can't wait to hear what you think of it!
Angela

o

Just wondering what you think about the book. I was curious & checked it out on Amazon. I like the reviews & ordered a copy myself.

Mary

o

This is one of my favorite books to read when I am especially missing my daughter.....it's very comforting to me!
Angela

o

What is this book about exactly?

o

I've been reading and enjoying it. The author's vision of heaven is sooo different from every other one I've readand I've been reading about the afterlife for a long time. So in a way it's hard for me to accept it at face value, although the narrative tends to pull the reader in. Also, her frame of reference is what I'd describe as textbook Christian, and I think this is bound to color her experience. She almost sounds as though she has a crush on Jesus. But her voice is very appealing, and happiness just radiates from her story.

I love the dazzling details, such as the roses embedded in marble and the sensations she describes under water.

o

To me, her description of heaven is as I've read in the Bible.....so it's pretty much the same as what I've heard before......of course, the Bible doesn't give us the detail that she has which I agree are dazzling!

o

I have finished the book, and I loved it!! it's so easy to read and it sounds so beautiful in heaven, who would want to come back?
Anyway my husband ( who by the way is not a reader, doesn't like to read) has already finished quite a few pages, he is also very curious about the book, he really likes what he's read so far, I hope all our loved ones are in such a beautiful place, it gives much comfort.
Martha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here