SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lioness2

Inconsolable....

Lioness2
11 years ago

My Mom just passed recently. For the last 12 years, I have overseen her healthcare directly, while living in the same city, and after I transferred away through work. For the majority of this year she was hospitalized back and forth into ICU, with complications fromPneumonia and congestive heart failure. I traveled home more times than I can remember to sit with her, talk, keep the Doctor's abreast of changes needed, and oversaw her home healthcare. And I'd been to see her and spend the weekend with her on one recent weekend, and the next weekend, she was gone. My visions of last seeing her were of her fighting in a morphine-induced sleep ...white-knuckled-and-gritting-her-teeth-fighting. And then, she's gone. I am racked with guilt because I was not there to see her 'go'...but more than that, because i feel like she may have felt lost ... that there was no family there when she left this world. I can't seem to reconcile this, and though I have no power over the past or situation, it just pains me more and more through my grieving. Any advice?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath