Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Two years ago today my dad

Posted by chattypatty_79 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 13, 04 at 20:58

passed. I feel so sad,will these feelings ever go away? My poor little mom doesn't even realize he is gone, in some ways I gues this is a blessing.Thanks for letting me vent. Chatty Patty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Two years ago today my dad

HI Patty...It is sad, and I guess the feelings just get less intense. My Mom didn't fully realize that my Father had died either. She was here, saw him, went to plan funeral and went to the funeral home and the service, but she was "blunted". Afterwards, the main thing was she constantly looked for him to come in or call. And thought he had left. That was the saddest part. With just the 2 of us here, it left me with no one to talk about his death with, and that was really sad. I think I understand your feelings. It leaves a big void in your life.
I hope your Mom is doing OK. Know you are missing her too. It all adds up. Shalom, Derry

o
RE: Two years ago today my dad

It's a hard time to get through, what I call 'negative anniversaries.' Hard for you to get through this day and hard to deal with your mother's illness. I'm glad you have us to vent to, we do care.

Nell

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here