SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
youngestdaughter

precious memories

youngestdaughter
14 years ago

I often find that I am filled with memories, sharp and clear, playing out inside my head; I did not ask to recall this just now, it came on its own. Should I be greatful for the recall or terrified that my own mind can take over my reality and replay things I have thought long forgotten?

Standing on my Fathers feet as he danced me around the room, '...and I could waltz across texas with you...'

The sound of Daddy whistling 'I saw the light, no more darkness, no more night, praise the Lord, I saw the light'...

My sister and brother sending me into the room to ask Momma and Daddy for a second cookie...

Daddy walking up behind Momma and hugging her, hearing her say to him, 'I love you today'...

Christmas dinners and fried chicken Sundays, root beer floats on Christmas eve...

Waking my Momma up in the middle of the night to ask her if I could sleep with them...

My Dad sitting with his head in his hands crying after his Dad died... feeling helpless to comfort him, I threw myself into his arms and cried too...

Momma making fudge and taffy and telling us stories about her childhood...

Daddy's eyes misting up as he heard 'the Star Spangled Banner'...

'Precious memories, how they linger, how they ever flood my soul, unseen angels in the midnight, precious sacred scenes unfold'

Comments (5)

Sponsored