Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We finally have answers

Posted by cyn_der_ella (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 7, 05 at 20:37

Well, we finally got some answers from the medical examiner on Friday. We've been waiting for the autopsy results since May. They concluded that my brother drowned. At first they thought he had heart failure, but he didn't.
So we figure, he was having a diabetic reation and became confused. His lunch was barely eaten, so his sugar levels were probably too low. He went into the hot tub and fell asleep.
I was doing alright, and then wham! All the mixed up emotions hit me again. I feel like I'm dealing with everything from the beginning. The tears won't stop and I feel so wiped out!

Cynthia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We finally have answers

Cynthia...

So sorry to hear about the tragedy which has hit your family. Don't worry about crying; it's what you need to do now. Take care.

Susan

o

Cynthia, I'm so sorry. At least now you know for sure what caused his death. I would imagine that being that you just got this news, the grief seems very raw again. In time, you will be better. I wish I could help.
Lu

o

I'm so sorry about your brother, Cynthia. Knowing what happened for sure must be a bit of relief.

o

I thought with knowing what happened it would bring some sort of closure. But it's not. It's like a bandage has been ripped off and the sore hasn't had enough time to heal.
I don't know how to explain how I'm feeling...there's too much racing through my head. I just miss him so much right now.

Thanks for listening.

Cynthia

o

knowing what happened only helps if it bring comfort- there's not much us humans can do about heart attacks.

but having diabetics in the family, the thought of something like that happening to my husband, or my nephew- both of whom we kind of have to keep an eye on to keep their sugar level because they're VERY prone to emotional responses and such during low blood sugar moments...

that would definately not bring me comfort. I'm so sorry for you.

o

I am so very sorry (((( hugs)))))

o

i am sorry to hear your about your lose but understand your comment on not knowing how to explain how you are feeling. Take care.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here