Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lu....checking to see how you are doing???

Posted by nora8 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 28, 05 at 19:10

Lu, Haven't talked with you in such a long time. With all of this weather on the news I was just wondering where you live in La. and how you are doing??? Hope all is well, Nora

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lu....checking to see how you are doing???

Hi, Nora. We just returned home from vacation from Orange Beach, Alabama today. It took us 6 hours to get home, although we didn't have much traffic. It usually takes about 4 and a half hours. We came home on the back roads and zipped right along. We had a great time on our trip, but as soon as we got home, we had to start making preparations to weather out this monster of a storm. We are about 80 miles from New Orleans and about 15 miles from Baton Rouge. I worry so much about the people who could not get out of New Orleans. It's going to be horrible.
We are expecting very high winds here with the power out for several days, but we are prepared. We have property on Grand Isle which the hurricane will pass right over, so I imagine that we will have devastation when we return to check out the damage. As long as we are safe though, that's okay. We will replace our property.
Thank you so much for your concern. I will check in after all of this is over.
Lu

o
RE: Lu....checking to see how you are doing???

Lu, Good to hear from you. I also have been praying for all of those that could not get to a safe place and those that chose to stay....all that will be effected by this. Take care and sounds like you all are prepared....as you say property can be replaced. Prayers being sent your way. Nora

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here