Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
difficult choices

Posted by dcrowex (dcrowex@aol.com) on
Tue, Aug 31, 04 at 16:53

My DD told me of a coworker who's husband was just diagnosed with a terminal disease. They have given him 6-9 months to live. This coworker is someone who seems to be getting through this, still working every day as well. She is only 36 and I think her DH is 37. She said she needed to work because eventually the insurance will cap with the medical bills. She also commented how she felt guilty that she had to work, but yet it helped her being at work with so many people supporting her, but then guilty again because her last days should be spent with her ill husband. How incredibly painful this is and what difficult choices people are forced to make.
My heart goes out to her.

deb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: difficult choices

This is a sad, sad world. I'm so sorry for these poor people. My heart goes out to them too. Thanks for telling us. I will remember them in my thoughts and prayers.
Lu

o
RE: difficult choices

I hope your coworker makes up in quality time what she can't in quantity of time with her husband. It is a sad fact that people must still work and the world goes on when tragedies strike. I understand her need for support and distraction, I hope her husband does also.

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her husband tonight.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here