SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crissyw_gw

grieving for my dad

crissyw
19 years ago

thanks for the kind words. My dad passed away may 3 this year...even though he had congestive heart failure, it was still unexpected. He was 62, and no grey hair. He was a super dad, though he struggled with alcoholism, which is why he developed chf. I got a call on a friday night from my brother-in-law that my sister took him to the hospital, and that it didn't look good. I live at the other end of my province, so the next morning, my husband, 2 kids and I hopped into the car. We saw him the next morning, on the sunday, and what a shock. He was sitting up but had oxygen on, and looked even smaller than usual. (He was only 5' tall). That day, he said goodbye to my 10 year old daughter and 8 year old son. I can't tell you the heartbreak. He just looked at them for as long as they were in the room with him. Anyway, he passed away the following night at 11:30, with his wife, 3 kids, my husband, my sister's husband, my mom's brother and sister, a niece and Pastor all around him. The tears flow writing about it. He was gone long before his body died, though, because the brain went a while without oxygen, so at least he was released before he actually died, if that makes any sense. It will get harder before it gets any easier, I'm sure.thanks for listening

Comments (4)

Sponsored