Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hospital Negligence

Posted by chicky-1966 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 10, 09 at 13:46

I lost my mom on March 17,2009 (St.Patrick's Day)suddenly. She came down with a very bad flu and we had her transported by ambulence to her local hospital, which she despised.We had no other choice, they take you to the closest. Anyway, upon arrival she had a blood count of 50, they said that she was on deaths door. Did many tests, hydrated her and things were looking good. The weekend shift stepped in and everything seemed to spiral downward. We were told by one Dr. that possibly the other Dr. did a test to find out where my mom was bleeding from, since she did need two blood transfusions upon her arrival. The Dr. said that she was not going to perform that test in the event of aspiration. The test, I believe was performed and she must have aspirated and it caused pnumonia,septic shock. She was unable to fight these infections due to a history of Non Hodgkins Lymphoma, which she carried for 15 years, 95% of the years in remission.
We believe that the Dr. performed a procedure that he shouldn't have and killed our mother. There's nothing we can do about it. Lawyers would drag us through the mud! It's not even worth it. The death certificate listed Acidema and toxic shock.
She was 69 yrs old, I'm 42. She was my best friend. I talked to her 4 times a day. Now I am critically lost and unable to go on and enjoy anything. Every day I cry and I am so depressed. Any advice? Talk to me, please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hospital Negligence

I am so very sorry for your loss, hon. I wish that I had the right words to say that would ease your heavy heart. I wish that these arms could reach through cyber space and hug you. My Mom was my best friend too. I do understand your pain, the lonliness you feel, the void that you are living in, the tears that you cry.

It was said to me that with loss, "you may hate it, you may never truly get over it, but, you do learn to live with it" I can't say that it's gotten easier, as someone told me that it does, but, when intense grief overwhelms me, I try my best to picture my Mom's smile and a fun time that we had together. Let those precious memories of your Mom be the light that helps you "go on" through this difficult time.

I wish that I had better advice, but, I'm lost too. Please know that my prayers are with you. Bless you, hon

o

I'm sorry for your loss. I have a similar situation in that I think doctors failed my Mom. She just died recently. I understand how you feel because I'm living it also.

Email me if you ever need to chat.

greyedgamer@yahoo.com

o

Chicky, I am so sorry for your tragic loss, and sadly just as fredacharm says, there are no magic words. I lost my mom July 31 and know just how heavy your heart is. I keep reaching for the phone or thinking of a recipe I know she would loved....it tears me apart. But hopefully it will get easier for us all....you are in my prayers.

Socal2010, hugs to you.....

o

You can file a complaint with the hospital board, commission on aging and state boards. All hospitals must be certified and complaints like this are taken into consideration for recertification. Who knows, there may be more complaints. Sit down and list everything you are aware listing times, and medical staff who took care of her. Many times the Dr's on staff during these times do not/will not follow up because he/she are NOT their patient.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here