SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chicky_1966

Hospital Negligence

chicky-1966
14 years ago

I lost my mom on March 17,2009 (St.Patrick's Day)suddenly. She came down with a very bad flu and we had her transported by ambulence to her local hospital, which she despised.We had no other choice, they take you to the closest. Anyway, upon arrival she had a blood count of 50, they said that she was on deaths door. Did many tests, hydrated her and things were looking good. The weekend shift stepped in and everything seemed to spiral downward. We were told by one Dr. that possibly the other Dr. did a test to find out where my mom was bleeding from, since she did need two blood transfusions upon her arrival. The Dr. said that she was not going to perform that test in the event of aspiration. The test, I believe was performed and she must have aspirated and it caused pnumonia,septic shock. She was unable to fight these infections due to a history of Non Hodgkins Lymphoma, which she carried for 15 years, 95% of the years in remission.

We believe that the Dr. performed a procedure that he shouldn't have and killed our mother. There's nothing we can do about it. Lawyers would drag us through the mud! It's not even worth it. The death certificate listed Acidema and toxic shock.

She was 69 yrs old, I'm 42. She was my best friend. I talked to her 4 times a day. Now I am critically lost and unable to go on and enjoy anything. Every day I cry and I am so depressed. Any advice? Talk to me, please.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus