Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Loss of a husband

Posted by millieon (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 26, 06 at 13:36

Today is the sixth week that I lost my dear husband and tomorrow would have been our 40th Wedding Anniversary. Its a very difficult day. I just discovered this site yesterday and read many posts and cried out load last night and this morning too.

My husband had a massive stroke on July 8th and passed away a week later on July 15th. I thank God he did not suffer for long. We just moved in the fall from another area where we lived for over 40 years and moved to be closer with our youngest son and DIL so thankful we did as they are both very supportive. Also, we were "snowbirds" for the winter and stayed in Florida at our oldest sons place who bought it as an investment and were very fortunate to be able to do that. Right now my middle son is in CT looking after oldest son place while they are in FL. He lived with us and will continue living with me so it will be a bit easier for driving around as I dont drive. Although my DIL and son take me whenever or wherever when needed and not needed too so I feel fortunate in that way too.
As this is a new subdivision and we still dont have finished houses on either side or fences where I would be puttering around in my garden daily but do have couple of projects on the go that were started when DH was still alive.

I know life goes on when you lose a loved one but it sure is not easy at this difficult time.
Thanks for reading my post.
Millie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Loss of a husband

Millie, I'm so sorry you lost your husband. It's good he didn't suffer long. You have a wonderful, positive attitude, and lots to be grateful for. As you say, life will go on, but it will be different now. Be sure to allow yourself plenty of time to grieve. Crying is miserable, but very helpful.

Isn't gardening a wonderful outlet? Being close to nature is a comfort, so if you cannot garden in the ground much yet, maybe you can get some pots going.

Take care, and stay in touch here to let us know how you are doing.

Susan

o

Dear Millie:
I fill for you and I'm very sorry for your lost.
You see my husband is sick and everyday he is in pain,it hurts to see him that way.We have just moved also to be closer to our daught and our 2 grandsons,which I find is very good for him,but I fear every new day,will he be around for long,only God knows and we have to take it day by day are we will go crazy,so take care of yourself that is what your DH would want you to do.

moumine

o

Thank you Susan I am doing fine considering the circumstances. There will be crying outburst down the road I'm sure but yesterday I was able to speak of him and not breaking down after the church service. Don't think grieving ever stops but it will be a different kind of life from now on.

Yes gardening is wonderful, do have some plants in pots as we brought them with us from previous house and will plant a rose in DH's memory in spring.

Thank you moumine and I pray you continue having the strength needed to deal with your situation.

o

Dear Millieon, I am so sorry for you loss, I lost my husband 5 months ago. so I know first hand the pain you are in.There is nothing I can say that will make the pain any easier to handle but there is a website that has been a great help to me. http//widownet.org has some great BBs full of wonderfull people that also know exactly what you are feeling and what we are going through. please go take a look around, Linda

o

Millie, Moumine, Linda,
Stay busy with you hobbies and support groups. My husband volunteers for Hospice, please take advantage of the WONDERFUl organization. I know all too well how difficult a passing can be.
God bless us all,
Rosa

o

Millie, I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband. I can't imagine that pain. Please continue to come here and check in with us and let us know how you are doing. I'm glad that you have projects that you feel like pursuing. You are so very fortunate to be around family!
Lu

o

Thank you Linda, Rosa and Lu!

I did check out windows.net Linda awhile ago and read few posts, will go back again.

We volunteered for years Rosa at different organizations and am thinking going back perhaps next year. DH and I were together everywhere and volunteered at some of same organizations too.

Yes Lu, being close to family helps, so glad we moved last year.
One project is on hold now until youngest son is finished with his basement then we will continue with mine. Still have clothes in the closest to be removed and donated but will do that when DS returns from CT although DIL has offered to help out if I am ready now.

Millie

PS
For some reason I do not get responses even though I did check out the box to receive them.

o

(((Millie)))
I, too, am so sorry you lost your husband. Mine passed away a little over a year ago, and it's been a long, hard journey. The web site mentioned above by painteddragon is full of wonderful, caring people - all of whom have lost a spouse. It can be found at www.widownet.org

Jane

o

Lost my husband in Sept. 2010 after 43yrs. Finding it very difficult. He loved life so much and made me complete. There are too many hours in a day for me. Nothing interests me nor takes up enough of my time to stop my brain from constantly thinking about hime every minute. I am trying desperately to find a part time job or volunteer, but nothing yet.

o
RE: looking for my dearest boyfriend-sweetheart-husband

Hi Mr John Vo(Vo Thanh Hung 18 February 1967, Upsal Street,Pennsauken,08110,NewJersey,USA)
Please email me : ltnnjohnwnguyen80@yahoo.com
I miss you very much I and love you forever

o

Hi Mr John Vo(Vo Thanh Hung 18 February 1967,
homephone: 856 6636109,NewJersey,USA)
How have you been?
We have not talked together on telephone long time ago(maybe since 2006 or 2007).
My dear,I have got a lot of trouble and I have had to suffer many thing.I do not want you get trouble like me,so I did not contact for you long time.But recently,I have missed you very much and I have thought of you all the time,so I phoned you and email to you.But I failed in contacting you.And I sent you a letter including your letters which you sent me in 2000 and my photograp taken in 2004.Have you received my letter yet?
My dearest husband, I cannot live without you
I miss you very much and I love you forever

o
looking for my dearest boyfriend/my sweetheart/my husband-to-be

Hi John Vo(Vo Thanh Hung 18 February 1967,
homephone: 856 6636109,NewJersey,USA) ,my boyfriend/my sweetheart/my husband-to-be!
How have you been?
We have not talked together on telephone for a long time (maybe since 2006 or 2007).
My dear,I have got a lot of trouble and I have had to suffer many thing.I did not want you get trouble like me,so I dare not contact you long time ago .But recently,I have missed you very much and I have thought of you all the time,so I phoned you and emailed to you.But I failed in contacting you.And ,on 21 December 2010,I sent you a letter including your letters which you sent me in 2000 and my photograph taken in 2004.Have you received my letter yet?
My dearest husband, I cannot live without you
I miss you very much and I love you forever ,my husband-to-be!
Your girlfriend/your sweetheart/your wife -to-be : lam ngoc
Thank you for reading my message,and thanks for those who read and find out my husband-to-be for me! Thank you very much.

o
My dearest husband,I miss you very much,I love you forever

My dearest John Vo,my husband forever,
I miss you very much.I love you forever and I cannot live without you.Please write to me,Darling.
This is my number:0932150422

o

Honey, I'm not sure why you are looking for your husband on this forum? This is a grieving forum for people who have had people in their lives die. If you husband has left and you are grieving I am so sorry, I know that can be as painful as a death. I will pray for you.

o

Hi,
My husband died last April 4, he was just 44 and I'm 40. He battled cancer for 1 year, we were so outrageously happy together and we were newly weds, our marriage was June, 2008. I'm from Mexico City and I moved to the US after our wedding, I quit my job, leave my new apartment, family, friends, pets. I will do it again since I love him very much and we were so happy, and now I just feel lost and terribly sad. Everything reminds me about him, I feel I can't leave without him. Don't know what I'm going to do, look for a job here, go to other state, is so tough, how you survive this?
Laura

o
re: looking for my dearest sweatheart,my beloved husband john vo

My darling,my dearest sweatheart,my beloved husband John Vo Thanh-Vo Thanh Hung (Birtthday:18February 1967 ),
I am your wife forever,this life,next life,n next next life ,and you are my husband forever.I cannot live without you,so please contact me at this Mobilephone 0932150422 or email address: ltnnjohnwnguyen80@yahoo.com
I already sent you 3 letters to your house at 6109 Upsal Street,Pennsauken,New Jersey,08110,USA,but I didnot receive anything,any news from you.
My darling,I miss you very much,I think of you everyday,every time,every minute.I love you forever.I worried about you.I don`t know where you are living now,if you are well or not.So please contact me to let me know about you.I cannot live without you ,my husband.
Billions of kisses to you,my darling JOHN VO THANH

o

I lost my husband of 7 years on January 5, 2011, and boy has it been very painful for me. I am not able to control my crying without having a melt down. He was only 35 yrs. old and we had 3 outgoing kids. We have our only son together and each day i look at our son, it make me move on and have strength to raise our kids. My Chris was a GOD fearly man who loves the LORD deeply and i know that i will see him again, just remember; (absent from the body; is present with the LORD)For those who have lost a husband/wife know that GOD has something better for us in the short life. We all have to take that jounery to go to heaven soon if the rapture don't take place soon, but i advise you to be ready and get to know GOD now and have a personal realtionship with HIM. Have faith and Trust HIM.Each day that HE allows me to wake up is a day to be thankful and your love one to be watching over you smiling. We will get throught this.

o

I lost my husband to a massive heart attack last August 16, 2010. I still have a hard time moving on. I just don't know how to do it.

o

Dear Kay,
There is no formula for moving on you just do it, you put one foot in front of the other all the time. As time goes on so will you but it will take a long time. My husband of 37 years passed away in Nov. 2006 and I am still trying to figure out how to go on. It gets easier but it will never go away and I, for one, am glad for that because if it get too easy I am afraid the memory of him will get too far away. Hold on to your memories and don't stop loving him, he still loves you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here