SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
millieon

Loss of a husband

millieon
17 years ago

Today is the sixth week that I lost my dear husband and tomorrow would have been our 40th Wedding Anniversary. ItÂs a very difficult day. I just discovered this site yesterday and read many posts and cried out load last night and this morning too.

My husband had a massive stroke on July 8th and passed away a week later on July 15th. I thank God he did not suffer for long. We just moved in the fall from another area where we lived for over 40 years and moved to be closer with our youngest son and DIL so thankful we did as they are both very supportive. Also, we were "snowbirds" for the winter and stayed in Florida at our oldest sonÂs place who bought it as an investment and were very fortunate to be able to do that. Right now my middle son is in CT looking after oldest son place while they are in FL. He lived with us and will continue living with me so it will be a bit easier for driving around as I donÂt drive. Although my DIL and son take me whenever or wherever when needed and not needed too so I feel fortunate in that way too.

As this is a new subdivision and we still donÂt have finished houses on either side or fences where I would be puttering around in my garden daily but do have couple of projects on the go that were started when DH was still alive.

I know life goes on when you lose a loved one but it sure is not easy at this difficult time.

Thanks for reading my post.

Millie

Comments (19)

Sponsored