Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stay or Move

Posted by mrsc (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 13, 06 at 12:57

My dear aunt recently passed at home, after a long illness. She was surrounded by the people & things she loved. But now I'm left with sad memories here. Especially in the room where she died, which is now our master bedroom.

Is it possible to make it a relaxing place again?
Is it better to move?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stay or Move

Just my personal opinion, but I certainly would hate to see you move from your home or the place where you have been living. I've always heard that after a loved ones passes away, that you should not make any major decisions until at least one year afterwards.
You could certainly change things around in the room and make it a happy place again and even leave cherished belongings of your aunt's in your view. When I go into my mom's bedroom, even though she died there, it makes me feel so close to her. I would definitely wait a while before choosing to move.
Lu

o
RE: Stay or Move

Im so sorry about your loss. Reguarding your question, only you can answer that. Follow your heart and as Lu said, dont rush into anything to quickly. This whole process takes alot of time.
My only son died a year ago and for me, everything I have of his is a link to him I will never let go.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here