Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lost my Daddy, He's Gone

Posted by sandyl (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 1, 13 at 12:31

My dad had a massive heart attack @ 2:20 a.m. July 4th, on his 72 birthday day of all days. He was gone by the time mom got to him after she heard him fall in the kitchen floor.We did have a wonderful time together the evening before at my nephews 12 year old baseball game, after that we went out and ate dinner, he and my mom and I had a great time together that evening,.It's been 4 weeks today that he left us here and went to heaven. I will miss him ever minute of every day of the rest of my life. We had a great relationship,I had all my life what most kids don't have now days.. There are three of us kids, my older brother 54 in Oct and me 52 in December and a younger brother that just turned 40 two weeks ago and we all live on our 160 acrea family farm within throwing distance of our parents. We are a close family and now without dad we are somewhat lost, but not really. I was born within 200 feet of where I now have a house that I built in 2003 and every turn of my head I have a wonderful life time of memories that will surrround me daily of my dear sweet dad. His gones from my sight, but he will never be far from me and thats something I will carry with me for the rest of my days on this earth. Love ya my dear sweet daddy, Love your forever your baby girl:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lost my Daddy, He's Gone

I'm so sorry.

Beautiful tribute!

o

I'm so sorry for your loss. It must be a terrible shock to have lost him so suddenly.

I know how you feel, lost my Dad last Thursday, the day you posted. He had been sick for some time, which is merciful in that I was able to prepare somewhat for his loss. Not sure that you can ever prepare for the loss of such a beloved parent however. I'm still in a daze and can't believe he's gone and so so sad.

o

My dad died last year May 2 8 days short of 96 yrs old & 2 weeks before he asked me to look at him & he took my hands & said. I have to tell you something, I don't want you to mourn me when I'm gone but it's OK to miss me. I'm so glad he said that it's meant so much to me. I think we all want to remember our dads but I don't think they would want us to mope around. I look at things he made or fixed or his gardens & feel close to him so remember the good memories you have in your heart. Time does make it better Plant something he loved, a rose or vine & everytime you go out & see it you will smile, make a memory book of your good times together, poem he liked, pic of his favorite place to go or eat. Things you most like to talk about ,his hobbies etc.It will help keep him closer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here