Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
going nuts?

Posted by youngestdaughter (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 16, 09 at 11:48

When my Momma died last year, my sister gave me her watch. It had been my Dad's but for years Mom wore it because it has a big face. Well I need glasses to see a small face and my sister thought I would get a lot of use out of Momma watch. I have, but everytime I would ware it I would get this funny feeling.I didn't know if I was having a spiritual expierence or not. I could SMELL my Momma. I didnt connect it to the watch untill today. It still smells like her favorite perfume! Up until today I was just getting a slight whiff and the smell seemed to come from no where, and I would cry just remembering her. I would ask the open air, Momma are you there? Well, Her watch was there, seems that every time I waved that arm near my face I could smell it. On one hand its is very funny and I can see her laughing deep and hardy with my Dad about it. I was always their family clown.
On the other hand, I wish there was still some mystery, some hope of ... oh I dont know. Has anyone ever had a similaur expierence? Thanks Vicki

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: going nuts?

Vicki, no you aren't going nuts! That is a very sweet story. My mom passed over 3 years ago now, and I still wake up hoping I just had a bad dream,...it can't be. The world cannot keep spinning without my mom here with me. I have some of her jewelery that still has her scent on it. And not the same thing, but the first year after her passing I awoke to a strong smell of a perfume in the air. Not man made perfume but a smell of a field of fresh wildflowers. Twice this happend and both times lasted for 30-40 seconds. As the scent faded I got a whiff of fresh cinammon the first time and the second time a definite odor of cigarette smoke. My mom is still being stubborn and smoking even in heaven? Or a sign of a different nature. I don't know. The cinammon made me laugh because once she bought a tiny vial of cinammon extract that you were supposed to put on a decorative whisk broom (don't ask, a country decoration of some type!) and she accidently spilled the whole thing. The house smelled of cinammon for weeks and we sure did laugh about that!

I haven't had any visits from her lately except in dreams. She was the person I loved the most and she loved me more than anybody and the hurt and pain never go away.

Vicki, I just want to say there are others out here that hurt like you do. All we can do is honor their memory and live a good life. I just know that I'm over 1200 days closer to being with her in heaven than the day she passed over.

Duane

o
RE: going nuts?

Dear Duane,
Thank you. Thank you so much. I have had several expierences with my Dad before my Mom died. I can not explaine the expierence to others, but I dont think I'd have to with you. I have only seen my Mom in one dream and she was crying because I have not done something I had promised to do.
Thank you for being so understanding. Grief is truly an expierence one must have personal expierence with to even start to comprehend the depth and sense of loss and longing. I' so sorry that you too understand, but I am greatful, Thank you, Vikci

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here