Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mom's Birthday

Posted by fredacharm (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 11, 09 at 10:36

I lost my Mom on August 22/08.. Today would have been her 71st Birthday.. Instead of planning a family bbq, wrapping presents and making it a happy day as I have done in years gone by, I polished Mom's urn, kissed it, lit her candles, wished her a Happy Birthday and sat down and cried my eyes out. I miss Mom with all of my heart and my heart feels so terribly heavy. It's all I can do to put one foot in front of the other. I wish I could just go back to bed..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mom's Birthday

*hugs* to you fredacharm. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself.

o

Hi fredacharm,

From your post, it seems you and I have walked the same path this past year.

I lost my beloved Momma on 8/09/09 and her b-day was 7/19/09, the first one in the last 40 years we did not spend together in the flesh. Also had my own first b-day without my Momma. It has been a devastating year, one I was not sure I could recover from. I wasn't sure how the 9th of this month would be when the day came but, blessedly, I survived.

Faith is my surviving tool. I knew it would be a different world and I had to really reach deep inside and remember my Momma's spirit and what she would want for me. That changed me alot.

Hugs to you, you are not alone and other people ARE praying for you :)

Blessings...

Lisa

o

Thank you Krystine and Lisa.. Your hugs and prayers mean so much..

I am so deeply sorry for your loss, Lisa *hugs to you*

Yes, it does seem that we have walked the same path this past year. There has been so much both before and after my Mom passed away. I have absolutely no one to talk to and I wish that I had found this forum so much sooner.

I made it through Mom's Birthday ok. Yes, I had a cry, but that only means that I love her and miss her. I made the day a quiet one, kept seeing my Mom's smile and it ended with the fulfillment of a promise to plant something pretty so that she could give back to the earth.

o

My Mother's B-Day is Sept. 2. This will be the 2nd one without her! I miss her terribly and wish she was her to make her favorite food.But instead I'll most likely do the same thing I did last year. Go to the cemetery and then to breakfast with her twin sister and her youngest sister of course my sister and have her favorite cry and remember her spirit how great of a person she was and what she did for all of us.I also this summer put a memory garden in my back yard , put her favorite flowers and special things that mean something to the both of us. Hang in there I hope I helped a little. Darzie

o

Dear Fredacharm, Know that you are wrapped in her love through out all time. There are so many here on this forum that as I do, wish you give you a hug and offer some comfort. Momma's BD was 7-18-09. Dad's is 9-8-09. I send you understanding and love and extra special hugs! Vicki

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here