Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Checking in to say Hello

Posted by mav63_2007 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 08 at 10:25

It has been quite a while since I stopped by to say Hello to everyone, I hope you are all doing better, one day at a time. It has been 20 months since I lost my DH and it has been rough but I am coming around gradually. Work and knitting have been my salvation and I am pleased to say that I think I can go on living. I still have the occasional meltdown but I can smile and remember happy times now.
My love to all.
Mav.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Checking in to say Hello

It's good to hear you're doing well!

I can relate to the healing power of work:

When I lost my great uncle, a man who had been "there" in my life since I was a tiny little girl, who was a solid rock in a shifting world, it really hit me hard.

I bought a little plaque from his estate sale.

It said, "Give Us This Day Our Daily Work".

Work really got me through some pretty bleak times that summer & fall.

Again, glad you're doing well & remembering good times.

o
RE: Checking in to say Hello

Thank you for your response. I miss my sweetheart desparately and love him more every day.I originally thought that I was dealt a raw deal by being widowed young (two days after my 63 birthday) but the more time goes on and the more widows I meet I think that it would have been harder to be widowed in later years when I would be retired, less capable and just hours on end at home alone. The key to healing is having a busy life wich forces you to come out of youself and go on living. In no way is this easy and greiving still takes a toll but, in my case, being younger has been a positive and I can see that now. On the negative side,I may have to spend a long time on this earth before we can be reunited again in pradise.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here