Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Update on naming baby after my Dad

Posted by StefCo_NJ (dsc500@comcast.net) on
Thu, Aug 12, 04 at 8:44

It's been a while since I've posted, but I check in often to see how you're all doing.
I saw that my post about naming my baby after my father has been moved up after quite some time. Thanks for all your replies!
I'm due to have my baby in about 9 weeks. This pregnancy seems so loooong (don't they all)? :)
Anyway,
Dad's name was Alan. I wanted to use an 'A' name, but my husband and I couldn't decide on one, so we're using Alan as the middle name. I've very happy with the decision, and I feel so much that my father and my baby are both very honored.
My baby's birthday will be such a wonderful day, but bittersweet all the same! I still go through crying spurts, and I still can't believe Dad won't be here to see his 5th grandchild.
Well, thank you all - and I keep you all in my thoughts!!
Take care,
Stef

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Update on naming baby after my Dad

Hey, Stef. I'm glad that you made that decision. I know you'll be happy with it.
Lu

o
RE: Update on naming baby after my Dad

Sounds good to me, Stef. I hope you know how to post pictures...if not, you have nine weeks to learn. :-)

Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here