SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scu_law

About to lose my Mom

scu_law
18 years ago

I'm 31. I'm about to lose my mom after 3 years of battling cancer. First it was lymphoma, then it become (or metasized to) brain cancer. She's been through a lot and it's about to come to an end. She's not eating, barely drinking, and non-responsive.

Reading some of the posts here made me feel a little better knowing that other people have lost their mothers as well. I guess we all have to lose our mothers at some point, but I never imagined it'd be now or in this manner. I'm feeling anxious as to the moment she passes away. I'm probably not going to be able to hold it together.

Today, I tried to make some peace with her. I told her not to worry about me and that I'll be alright. (She loves to worry about me about everything.) I'm not sure she fully understood me. I told her she did a good job in raising me and that I'll try to remember all the things shes taught me in my life. I told her she's lucky that she got to see her only son grow up into adulthood, graduate from college, business and law schools, and have a career. One thing I regret for her is that I'm yet to be married and have children. =/

God, I love her. I'm thinking back to my first day in kindegarten her holding my hand telling me it was going to be fine. I'm going to miss her a lot.

Anyone went through a similar experience?

Kevin

scu_law@yahoo.com

Comments (19)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company