Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Holidays are tough!

Posted by deb---09 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 5, 09 at 22:12

First 4th of July without my Mom. She passed away 3 months ago. I didn't even feel like having a get together except the 4th is my son's birthday, so...It makes me so sad to see all of the changes taking place-my Mom gone, my mother in law battling cancer, my dad and his wife showing up for cookouts now because my Mom isn't here. My kids are growing up, it's just all so different. I wish I could go back in time and embrace what I had before it was gone! Sometimes I miss my Mom so much I just want to scream! The thought that she will never be at another family get together is too sad for me to even comprehend! Thanks for listening!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Holidays are tough!

Deb, I know how hard it is for you. I had the same feeling on the 4th. I was super busy with my business so that did help some....but I just wanted to go back to being 10 years old again...holding a sparkler...being with my mom and family, friends and neighbors. Barbequing and laughter. Kids playing ball and looking forward to the fireworks. Yes, it's different now. It never will be the same again. Only memories, which are comforting on the one hand and painful at the same time. Knowing times will never be what they were. Just know your mom is in heaven and it is wonderful. She doesn't want you to be sad. You will be together again when the time is at hand. She is in a land of joy and light with immeasurable happiness. Try to remember that and be happy for her, even when you must feel bad for yourself stuck on this rock called Earth.

Duane

o

I'm feeling more and more like that as time goes on and we keep losing family members. I miss the past so much. We used to always be getting together doing things whether it was a holiday or not. Nothing is the same anymore. I miss the past and my loved ones so much. I do look forward to the day that we are all together again and I am happy for those who can enjoy heaven now. Just miss them a lot and life is hard without them.
Lu

o

Hi Deb

i know just how you feel. i lost my husband almost 2 1/2 years ago. we changed all the national holidays around for us the first year and started new traditions. lasgna for Easter? well we did it. our son's birthday and our daughters birthday, well they stayed the same. Christmas, well we didn'y put a tree and we had it on december 23. and did church on dec. 25 like usual. this past year we did have a tree and bought all new decorations, my Al loved Christmas. Nothing will be the same anymore, but we know that we will get thru it and that Al is watching us and knows that we miss him and that he can be proud of us.

deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here