Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'The Notebook'

Posted by Lulie___Wayne (lulieathome@aol.com) on
Fri, Jul 16, 04 at 21:47

I'm going to see "The Notebook" tomorrow. Have any of you seen it? Do you think it will make me sad after just having lost Mom to Alzheimer's? I heard that it was really good.
Lu

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'The Notebook'

Lulie....my son and his GF went to see it. He told me he thought I'd like it, so the next week, he and I went to see it! On a scale of 1-10....I give it a 10!!! It's a very moving love story!!
Take tissues!!! I didn't and left the theater with makeup all over the sleeves of my shirt!!! lol

o

If it's half as good as the book, you'll love it. I had a terrible time trying to read the last chapter because I couldn't stop crying long enough for my eyes to focus. I hope the movie conveys the rich depth of the love between the couple. Yes, take tissues.

o

I didn't read the book (didn't know there WAS a book..lol),but the movie was good enough that I saw it TWICE! Something I never do!!*S*

o

Well, I saw it tonight and I loved it, but my gosh!!!!!!!!!!! My friend and I had a hard time holding back a major crying jag. When we got up, we both told each other that we wanted to just sit there for an hour and wail. Being that Mom just passed away from Alzheimer's and Mom and Dad had such a beautiful life filled with so much love to the bitter end, it reminded me so much of them.
A friend of mine made a special call to me a few days ago,to tell me that she wanted DH and me to go see it together because she said that the couple's love reminded her of the love that DH and I share. She told me that she has always been so envious because even though she has been married twice, she never had that obvious, passionate, love with anyone. I feel sorry for her that she hasn't, but seeing the movie and hearing her tell me that again, has made me feel grateful for being fortunate enough to live it personally and to have seen it in my parents. I know not everyone is that fortunate. I shouldn't take it for granted, I know.
I really do want to read the book after I finish some of these projects around here. Hmmmmmmmmmm, I hope I can still see when that time comes. LOL
Bump, I took your advice and brought kleenex to the movie, but tried not to have to use them because I knew if I got started, I wouldn't be able to stop. I did pretty well. There was a great big man sitting next to me crying his eyes out. It was sweet.
Lu

o

I'm so glad you went to see it and liked it! When we left the theater, the only one NOT sobbing was a kid about 9yrs. old! Guess they couldn't find a sitter for him!! lol

o

He was probably totally oblivious to what the movie was all about. Probably squirming in his seat wanting to go home. lol
I want my DH to see it, although he probably wouldn't like it like I did. I guess it's more of a "chick flick".
Lu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here