Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new to greiving forum

Posted by franksmoma (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 8, 07 at 20:44

hi, i just found this site so i thought i would give it a try i lost my 29 year old son in dec 2006. we thought he was healthy, no health problems that we knew about. he was a big strong man. he had 3 kids, a wife and was moving into his new home the day he died. he just fell off the trailer that he was loading and he was gone. they said his heart just stopped and that he was gone before he hit the ground. i dont think i have even started to feel what has happened. it feels like i am in a daze and that its just not real. i feel like part of me died that day too and i'm just waiting to see the result of it. sorry to go on so long. dont even know why i'm here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new to greiving forum

Franksmoma,
I lost my dear husband in November 2006 but I cannot imagine your loss of your son, please accept my condolences.
Have you looked for a breavement group in you local church or hospital? I did and they have been a great help.Yes, it takes a long time for reality to set in, it seems like a dream and you will wake up any minute but you don't. Most people need help to get through this and that is one of the reasons you sought out this forum. You will find that the people here are great listeners and you may get some advise you can use. In the mean time just know that you are in my prayers along with your family.
Mavis

o

Mavis's suggestion is good, and you might also see about one-on-one grief counseling. You lost your son so suddenly; the shock of it has to be dealt with as well as the loss itself.

I remember when the ice skater Ekataria Gordeeva's husband, Sergei Grinkov, died in the same way. We couldn't believe it. He was so strong, such a marvelous athlete, and there was no warning at all.

I hope you will stay close to your son's wife and (especially) his children.

Please don't apologize for the length of your post. Believe me, it was not long. And even if it were, that would be fine, too.

Susan

o

Franksmoma, my heart breaks for you.
It doesn't matter how the death of a child happens and
what age they are, a mother's heart is broken forever.

I lost my son when he was 11 and it still hurts today.

I'm glad you dropped in and hope you will find some
comfort from the mothers who have also lost their children.

You can survive this, it will be the hardest thing you've
ever done in your life. You have to just take it a day at a time.

Each of us handles grief in our own way and time frame.
My prayers are with you and your family.

Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here