Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
5 years ago today I lost my twin

Posted by EvaTX (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 3, 05 at 17:38

This July 3rd has been a bit easier for me than the previous ones since I lost my twin sis, Neva, to cancer. My daughter (who shares my birthday) and I went out to the cemetery this morning, and I decided where I wanted to put a small concrete bench. My children and grandchildren are all here for the holiday, and have made sure I'm smothered with attention and love. I just try to hold onto the fact that she isn't sick and suffering anymore, and I know this is the attitude she'd want me to have. But I miss her more each day.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 5 years ago today I lost my twin

Hi, Eva. I'm so glad that you are showered with love and attention from your daughter and the grandchildren. We are so fortunate to have that which many people don't.
I wish that I could put a bench where Christin and Mom are buried, but as of now, it is against the rules in their cemetery.
You certainly are on the right track to recovery from grief by holding on to the fact that your sister is not sick or suffering anymore. That is certainly a comforting thought for our loved ones who have gone before us. They don't have to deal with any of life's burdens anymore and possess nothing but peace, beauty, and happiness.
I know we all still miss them, but we will see them again.
Thanks for the condolences regarding my dear mom. She passed away last June 3, but I am still grieving and always welcome kind thoughts.
Blessings, Eva.
Lu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here