Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
One week....today!

Posted by nora8 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 3, 05 at 16:44

We lost our dear sweet Mom last Sunday. Mom was 84 and had lived the last 9 years with alz. She was a blessing,always had a sweet,sweet spirit. In Feb. Mom started having trouble swollowing...the therispist worked with us and told us that we needed to make a decision about a feeding tube....well to make a long story short...Mom had a living will and she made her wishes known that she did not want a feeding tube....my Dad,sister and I wanted to honor her wishes....it was hard trying to feed Mom...she lost so much weight...but we took it one day at a time and did our best....Mom started running a fever and we took her to e.r. and the doctor said that we needed to call in hospice....they are such a blessing....Mom started to not be able to swollow and would cough...soon the food would not go down....my dear sweet Mom started her journey home...for 14 days we took care of her, loved her and watched as her earthly body leave us....she had a big strong heart and it was full of love....my Dad,me,DH,sister and brother-in-law were with her as she took her last breath....our hearts are broken but we know that Mom is at rest with the Lord. Mom and Dad have lived with us for 10 years in an apartment downstairs....I go down those stairs and I think that this is all a dream....I want her back...I see my sweet Dad so lonely...they were married for 68 years....she was the love of his life. We miss her so much. Surely the pain will get easier. Our faith keeps us going and we know that we will be with her again. Nora

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: One week....today!

Nora, I'm so, so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing.
I will email you.
Lu

o

(((Nora))) i posted on the caregivers forum the other day, but will post here too, so sorry about your mom!! you were a wonderful DD to her. how's your DF doing, i know it much be terribly hard on him, losing the love of his life, wow 68 yrs, thats a long time!! I pray that God will comfort you and your DF and the rest of the family!!! sorry for your loss! DianePA

o

Hello Nora,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost my mother a little over a month ago to a sudden massive heart attack. She was 70. Refused to see a doctor for the past 15 odd years. Any how, while the pain is great at this stage (first week and a half were the hardest for me) you can rest assured that things will get "easier" as time passes.

Just try your best to keep strong. Talk to close friends, friends of your mother and take care of your father. Post on forums like this. I've found that in trying to help others I usually end up making myself feel better too in the process. As you tend to workout some of the things that might be bothering you and didn't realize it.

And try to carry on with your daily tasks. As hard as that maybe. This combination has helped me move on. Just take it day by day. If you have any questions or comments just post! We'll be here for you! :)

o

:) there isn't any greater blessing than having the honour of attending a spirit while they shed their body...

without the organic interference of brain chemistry, your mother is shaking off the fog that wrapped itself around her, and is at this moment sharing the story of her end time with those unfortunate souls who had to go through it without the love of a family around them.

it's lonely, yes- but far, far better knowing that you were there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here