SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nora8

One week....today!

nora8
18 years ago

We lost our dear sweet Mom last Sunday. Mom was 84 and had lived the last 9 years with alz. She was a blessing,always had a sweet,sweet spirit. In Feb. Mom started having trouble swollowing...the therispist worked with us and told us that we needed to make a decision about a feeding tube....well to make a long story short...Mom had a living will and she made her wishes known that she did not want a feeding tube....my Dad,sister and I wanted to honor her wishes....it was hard trying to feed Mom...she lost so much weight...but we took it one day at a time and did our best....Mom started running a fever and we took her to e.r. and the doctor said that we needed to call in hospice....they are such a blessing....Mom started to not be able to swollow and would cough...soon the food would not go down....my dear sweet Mom started her journey home...for 14 days we took care of her, loved her and watched as her earthly body leave us....she had a big strong heart and it was full of love....my Dad,me,DH,sister and brother-in-law were with her as she took her last breath....our hearts are broken but we know that Mom is at rest with the Lord. Mom and Dad have lived with us for 10 years in an apartment downstairs....I go down those stairs and I think that this is all a dream....I want her back...I see my sweet Dad so lonely...they were married for 68 years....she was the love of his life. We miss her so much. Surely the pain will get easier. Our faith keeps us going and we know that we will be with her again. Nora

Comments (4)

Sponsored