Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
happy birthday mom

Posted by
mrs.micki
(gw:mrs.micki) on
Wed, Jul 26, 06 at 15:25

Feeling a little sad today. Today would have been my mom's 65th birthday,they usually aren't hard to get through but with DD getting married in 2 months all kinds of emotions are rolling. On my way to the cemetary right now, sure I will be back here posting again and most likely crying.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: happy birthday mom

Hope you left something really pretty at the cemetery for your mom. 65 wasn't that old, was it? Tears have a purpose...let 'em flow!

It's sad your mom won't be there for the wedding. Can you acknowledge her in some way, use her favorite flower or color, or maybe have your daughter wear something old/new/borrowed/blue from your mom?

I'm sorry you are feeling low. I know how it is as my mom has been gone three years now. Sometimes the sadness just overtakes you. Take care.

o

• Posted by
    mrs.micki
    (gw:mrs.micki) on
    Wed, Jul 26, 06 at 18:00

Thanks Socks, no 65 is not that old.She has been gone for almost 10 years now ,funny but I kept thinking it was 11 guess my math isn't as good as it use to be. Yes we took a beautiful flower cone to the gravesite. Also bought a single flower for DH grandfather and my grandparents who are all buried there.Got a very bad surprise when we went to DH grandfathers site found out DH grandmother past and no one seemed to care enough to notify us.DH family is not close at all.It just seems really cold hearted and mean not to have contacted us. We have tried over and over to contact them just no reply. Didn't and still don't know what to say to DH except I'm sorry.But as we all know those words hurt more than any other.

o

Gosh that was a shock! Regardless of what has occurred in the family, I think common courtesy would dictate that someone at least send your DH a note. It just hasn't been the best day for either of you. Tomorrow will be better.

o

Wow! That's so sad about no one contacting y'all about your husband's grandmother. I'm so sorry.
I hope that today was a better day for you.
Lu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here