Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should I feel guilty?

Posted by mom2jared (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 6, 11 at 15:12

I haven't visited my mom's grave since last September and I almost had the chance this week when I went up to New York for her unveiling of her footstone, but my Dad took ill and everything got cancelled. It was decided by the family that if one of us couldn't go, there was no point in going. I had no say in the matter and I had no way of even getting to the cemetary which was two hours away. Fortunately, some local relatives did the unveiling service for us and even took pictures of the footstone, but I still feel guilty that I wasn't there. My Dad kept telling me to go without him, but I knew in my heart it wasn't the right thing to do because my mother would have wanted me to take care of him.

Everyone keeps telling me that it's just a plot of land and mom wouldn't know if I was there or not, but I still feel guilty.

Please tell me I did the right thing!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should I feel guilty?

"my mother would have wanted me to take care of him."

see there?
You already knew you did the right thing!

Take care of your dear father & take care of yourself;
he's the one she chose to be your daddy, & you're the next link in her chain of life.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here