Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Today I say goodbye to my dog

Posted by calgaryflames (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 12, 07 at 12:27

Later on I will be saying goodbye to my lifelong friend. He has been having serious neck pain and is at the point where he cant even drink or eat without any sort of pain. I am personally a huge wreck right now and spending his last afternoon of his life together. Even though I knew this time would arrive since he is 14 going on 15, I still wonder if I'm making the right decision of letting Biscuit go. Maybe its just a sore neck and he just wants to let it heal. I know he is only a dog but it feels like I gave my dog my word that I would take care of him until the day he dies but now hurts that I cant keep my word. I know he gave me a lifetime of memories. It just hurts right now to know that he wont be there tomorrow morning to greet me.

Thank you for everything Biscuit, the memories and friendship you gave me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Today I say goodbye to my dog

That's so sad. Over the years I've had to face this many times, and it hasn't gotten any easier. In fact, I think it's harder.

I have a 14-year-old Briard mix, and I think about this often. Two consolations: One, that my dog and yours have lived with love and care and fun for all of their time with us. And other is that I truly believe our animals and we will see each other again in a different world.

Do you have a picture of Biscuit to share? We'd love to see him.

You have my sincere sympathy.

Susan

o

Godspeed Biscuit to the Rainbow Bridge...

Comfort your human in that you will be at peace, and without pain.

o

Today I said goodbye to "My Annie Rose." She is a Yellow Lab with a heart of pure gold. I have had many dogs in my life, but never one like Annie. She has helped me thru times that I should not have made it, some days she was the only reason I got up. Looking into her eyes of love, I found a reason to live again. Sleep with the Angels my Annie. I know I will see you again and we will be together forever........

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here