Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Healing After Loss'

Posted by socks12345 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 16, 04 at 11:20

Here's a little book I have found helpful over the last year:

"Healing After Loss, Daily Meditations for Working Through Grief" by Martha Whitmore Hickman

I like to read a passage each evening before bed. I also recently gave the book as a gift to someone who lost her mother.

I think this book is good to gift even many months after the loss, because then the recipient knows that others understand that even though life is going on, the pain of the loss goes on too!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Healing After Loss'

Thanks, Socks. I believe that I have this book. It is one among many that I have read after the loss of Christin.
Lu

o

thanks for the info...i have been so hungry to read everything i possibly can to try and heal....i have yet to find the magical one that will even come close...ill give this one a try

o

The BEST book out of all of the many, many books that I read after Christin is called "Mother Angelica's Answers, Not Promises" by Mother M. Angelica with Christine Allison.
Give it a try. I really, really liked it.
Lu

o

My BF has read MANY books to help himself heal and I have been looking for more for him. Maybe I'll check this one out at the local bookstores for him...Thanks

o

One of the best books I read that realy helped my was Come Away My Beloved. I felt like God was right there on the sofa with me. It realy did help and I bought many different ones.
Nan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here