SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terrizx

overmedicated

terrizx
19 years ago

my son ricky who has always ben so against medication has been seeing a dr since having such a hard time with his grief over the death of jamie....at first the dr put him on anti depressants which he kept changing because they werent helping him....then he put him on zanax for anxiety....then he started him on something to help him sleep ..and now he has him on percocet for his back which he has suffered with for several years...he seems to be very responsible NOW on how he takes these meds but i am so fearful that it could get out of hand and he could end up addicted......i know he has needed help with his depression since he came to me several times after her death and asked me to help him get in to see someone to help him...he has TALKED to this dr but it seems like there is basically not much therapy involved just drugs....does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this...i am so afraid he will end up either hooked or dead from this...i have tried to tell him that he has to FEEL the pain from the loss to help heal but at this point i think he cant deal with it...i have thought about calling his dr but he is 22 and i know the dr will tell me it is none of my business that he is an adult..just like my daughters dr told me....why do these drs want to get our young people on such addictive meds....then it is almost impossible for them to get off..

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio