Return to the Grieving Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
a poem to share

Posted by amom2_2006 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 27, 06 at 11:07

the other night i wrote this poem for my matt... i miss him so much and would like to share this with all of you...

My heart is breaking
I can not speak
the words are foreign
the language weak
what do you do when death appears
how do you cope in the coming years
you slowly breath
first in, then out
you look beyond to calm your doubt
it can not be comprehended here
and so you cry the unending tear

my life is changed forever now
the ties that bind are broke somehow
you can not fix this broken tie
instead you only cry and cry
you cry within to mask the pain
you cry within but its in vain
your cries can not be heard out here
your cries are the cries of the unending tear

please keep me in your prayers....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a poem to share

It's a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing.

o

Lovely poem, expressing your pain so well. Sorry about your loss.

o

What a beautiful poem to express your profound sadness. I do know the pain, also. If it's okay with you, I'd may share this poem with our local Compassionate Friends chapter. I will put it in our newsletter if it's okay with you. Please let me know. I would like to give credit where credit is due, so if you would like for me to give your name, please email me and give it to me. By the way, my husband's and my email addresses on the website are not being used anymore. Use the email address on this site to email us.
Lu

Here is a link that might be useful: Christin Cosby Memorial Web Site

o

That is a beautiful poem, I hope this will give you comfort, I haven't written anything as yet, I will soon I hope.
I did write some poems for my son who passed away 20 years ago at the age of 10 months, and I had a poem published at the compassionate friends here in Australia.
Martha

o

Beautiful poem - wonderfully said. I wish for your comfort and peace in the coming days and weeks. I am sorry for your loss.

o

Thank You for sharing I just lost my hubby after 30 wonderful years how do we go on?

o

I lost my hubby after 50 wonderful years..but it is so difficult to go on..we were going to be together forever..it what he told me..but God had other plans..I don't want to wake up another day. I pray for everone that has lost a loved one..I'm so sorry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Grieving Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here