SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

Depression

sylviatexas1
16 years ago

I wrote this in response to another post, but it applies to everyone who is grieving, heck, it applies to everyone who feels "down", who has a "blue day", who finds him/herself less able to function.

Depression is a downward spiral;

We tend to think "it'll get better", & often it does, but sometimes it doesn't, & every minute we lose to it is time we've lost forever.

Depression is our mortal enemy;

even if it doesn't kill you, it robs you of your life.

The *one thing* that I know of that we can all do ourselves, no doctor, no meds, no expense, is to oxygenate our blood:

exercise, get your heart pumping, get some oxygen to your brain, & your synapses will fire more efficiently.

When you think that it's useless to try & that nothing can possibly help...that's depression, not reality.

When you dread the very idea of moving a muscle, that's exactly when you need oxygenated blood the most.

If you can't stir yourself to move, join an exercise group or bicycling group, sign up for an aerobics class, etc.

Having a schedule & a bunch of people who know you're supposed to be there gives you the structure to get going.

I'm always amazed by the courage & touched by the heart evidenced on this Forum:

You all have grief, & yet you all write about the people who need you & who rely on you, & you all write about the love that you feel for your families here in this world as well as for the ones you've lost.

Remember that *you* are woven into that same "family fabric" or "fabric of life", & that you're important to the design...& take good care of yourself.

Comments (8)

Sponsored